12-15 months before
- Find a Destination Wedding Specialist
- Check out their credentials and feel free to ask for testimonials.
- Prepare for your consultation:
- Start by choosing the date.
- Make an informal headcount and take note of where each guest resides.
- Consider potential destinations and resorts: do you have a more intimate experience in mind, or will you be a large group looking for lots of activities?
12 months before
- Send your electronic or prepare invitations or create your own wedding website.
- You will need to make travel deposits in order to benefit from applicable early booking savings and advantages.
- Venues should always be booked first: if you have your heart set on that gleaming white gazebo overlooking the ocean, have your Destination Wedding Specialist book it before someone else does!
- Decide on a civil, religious or symbolic wedding and have your planner book a priest or minister accordingly. Your planner will know the wedding requirements as they vary by destination.
8-12 months before
- Work with your Destination Wedding Specialists to find the right photographer and book them the best ones can get booked quickly!
- Choose the wedding gown as well as the attire for the groom and wedding party.
6 months before
- Decide on the flowers, décor, music, lighting and menu.
- Follow up with guests who have not yet RSVP’d.
2-4 months before
- Schedule fittings and alterations for the bride, the groom and wedding party.
- Decide on any other activities on or off site that you may want to include during the week, like bachelor and bachelorette parties, excursions, rehearsals, etc.
- Have hair and makeup appointments schedules for the day of the wedding.
2 months before
- Final dress fitting for the bride and bridesmaids.
- Review and confirm your wedding contract.
1-3 days after arrival
- Meet with your on-site wedding planner to see the venues in person and go over what was booked.
- Meet with the photographer to review your preferences and requirements and get a feel for working together.
- Rehearsals are always recommended, preferably in the same venue as your ceremony.
Day before departure
- Throw a farewell party: any excuse is a good excuse to spend more time with loved ones before heading home or beginning of your honeymoon!
© 2008 - 2017 Marsha Steeves Destination Weddings (BC Registration # 1787), a Division of Universal travel Inc. All rights reserved.
Commit to the Lord whatever you do and he will establish your plans. [Proverbs 16:3]
error: Content is protected !!